Sunday, August 15, 2010

Walls



Most people would see walls as restrictions, difficulties or maybe roadblocks in their lives. As there is abundance of examples showing this, one of them is “to have one's back to the wall” which means to be in a desperate situation. Often, walls are defined as something huge, tall, solid, standing and non-living. Somehow, I wouldn’t define walls that way. Walls are warm and provide me the security consciousness. To me, my friends are the walls; let me lean on them whenever I am tired. So, now I am going to dig out the other side of walls, the bright side. Aha, I do think that friends possess the functions of walls. Ermmm, let us see. Walls support its superstructure, e.g. the roofs and ceilings. Don’t you think that our friends also function in that way? When I lack of courage to step ahead, my friends always give me support for me to go through the doubtful stage. Walls protect, serving as a defense; a rampart; a means of protection. Just like friends protect and defend us when somebody says something bad about you. Have you done that? : ) Besides, the accompany of friends especially all those laughter and crazy memories would make me energized just like recharging my Energizer AA size, 1.2 V rechargeable battery. Walls also serve in that way with the electrical outlets mounted in them. Perhaps some of you have a question: Will the walls fall? (Will a friend betray or being disloyal?) The answer I will leave it to you all. What I can say is the friendship is like a brick wall, every single memory with your friends is a brick, over the years, and the bricks have been stacked up to form a strong wall and that so called friendship. I believe, hard times don’t last forever but true friendship does, just like the walls.So, appreciate your walls, from now on. : D

1 comment: