Sunday, September 5, 2010

Being a sister =)


It is very lucky to be born as the youngest in my family (at least I think so), with one eldest brother and one elder sister. My big brother who is eight years elder than I, (Whoa! This is the expression I get when I tell anyone else) takes good care of me, like a pseudo-parent. Somehow, I have less interaction with him than my elder sister. Aha, she is the one, filled my childhood memory. (And now she is sitting in front of me, not knowing that I am going to write about her, I just can’t stop giggle.) To your surprise, me and my sister do not have a lot of similarities, both in terms of our character and physical appearance because most of them think us as friends, but she is two years elder than I. However, that does not mean that we don’t get along perfectly all the time. I, as the youngest sister(enjoy being it), have always looked up to my brother and sister. They have been helping and guiding me all the way. My brother was on leave just to drive me from Penang to Kelantan during my enrollment in university. Before I have gone for university education in Kelantan, my sister and I shared the same room, same wardrobe, same study table and same laptop. But, we do fight over toys to things like clothes, the shoes, and trying to get the other in trouble. These moments were dangerous and I don’t know how my sister and I both survived them. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. Relationships between siblings can be very confusing and filled with emotional obstacles. Sharing the same blood type and genetic material does not ensure a lasting and loving relationship. However, with the right amount of sensitivity, and a whole lot of humor, these relationships can grow to be the most important in one’s life. I am grateful to have them in my life, bringing joy and sunshine to make it double while sharing pain to make it half. I promise myself, not to take them as granted as I did before. I really hope that when our hair turns soft grey; our skin becomes wrinkled; our teeth only left some, we would still have pillow talks and accompany each other. (To my brother and sister) It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! =)

1 comment: