Monday, September 20, 2010

Promotional Literature

People usually regret on things or may be more precisely decision made in their live. I was one of them. What I can say is whatever decision I had made wasn’t easy for me, just like any high school student who suffered during the process of making decision which will affect his or her future path. I would like to quote a saying of Oprah WinfreyUnderstand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility.’ I am going to be honest, to admit that I was regret about my decision to further study in Kelantan. I would have never reveal it in front of my parents, but I think they might have sensed that, sensed my cling, clinging to Penang, my hometown. Every time when I was carrying my heavy luggage, saying goodbye to my mum. She always replied, please bring your heart there (Kelantan), cause you can’t do anything without your heart (she means I can’t focus well). When I was on board the Transnational bus, I would think of those words and questioning myself. Where is my heart? The very first day of reaching Kelantan was accompanied by my mom, big brother, aunties and uncle. It was very grateful to have them by my side as this is the first time I was so far away from home. On the very first week of orientation, before the lecture started, I already planned to go home and I was home after the orientation week. It was just a weekend in Penang. Initially I got a transport allowance from my mom, but after that it was cancelled due to inappropriate use. Now I have to pay every penny for my transport forth and back to USMKK and perhaps this would make me think twice before planning to go back Penang.

Things change when time goes by. When I get to know a lot of friends; when I started my busy university life; when I started to fall in love with my course (dietetics); when I started to join a sports (just for the sake of fulfilling my credit initially but it turned out that I have a interest in archery, golf and even Qigong); when I started to take part in activities organized by different clubs. All things changed, changed for better when I opened my heart. Though I am only a second year dietetics student, this whole year of my first year was memorable. I have gained so many personal experiences that I would have not tried before. Instead of regretting my decision, I have learnt to be grateful for who I am and where I am now. I would like to share some of photos ta
ken during my first year and well, just let the photos to speak for me.

This was me during my first year in USMKK. The background gives you a good hint. Obviously it was the hostel I stayed at last year.

The ‘rimba’ (forest) place was where our ‘Pimpin Siswa’ camp being held. At there, we played games to get to know each other among the first year. We even had a ‘blind walk’ which was a hiking activity during 2 a.m. It was so fun and I am grateful that I didn’t miss it.

Ermmm…this charming girl just beside me who was too shy to raise her ‘peace’ post has turned out to be my best friend now. The weaving point of our friendship started when we were assigned in the same group during the orientation week.

Oh, this lovely girl with a long shiny hair was Jamie. She is a course mate and a good friend of mine. Everyone wants to be her friend. Her sensitivity and thoughtful act always make me feel warm.

These photos were taken during our laboratory session. We enjoyed cooking a lot despite of the chore and cleaning after cooking. It's quite tiring.

This was during the outing for the WUS (keusahawanan) subject assignment. We were out to look for the items suitable to start our own business. While accomplishing our task, we took the opportunity to visit around Kelantan. Two birds with one stone, isn’t it?

The cute girl with the ‘peace’ post is Linda. She has great personality and often shares with me the knowledge of Malay culture and also Kelantanese language. This photo was taken during our physical examination in sport science laboratory.

Ermmm, this is just part of my first year in university and I am grateful for what I am having now. Happy to say that I am looking forward to have fun and explore more in the next few year. Yippee=)


No comments:

Post a Comment